Friday, August 20, 2010

Operation Double Eagle I Viet Nam - Jan/Feb 1966

The hole I lived in
Kids in local village
Corpsman, ARVN interp, driver and myself
doing "good will" medical visit
Kids are all alike around the world
Little brother
Baby sitting is full time job
Family
All kids like to swing
Lined up for "sick call"
My corpsman HM 1 J O BRACKIN
most loved and respected man
willing to put his life on the line for us
ask me about the object (top middle of picture)
and I just might tell you about it.

July 2012 = since posting these pictures I have noticed many people from Vietnam as well as those interested in Operation Double  Eagle visiting this page.  If you would like to talk to me, please comment or email. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! These are some INCREDIBLE pictures. I absolutely love them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see the "object" now. Wow. Thanks for sharing that story with me. I am looking forward to more of them. Keep up the writing. So far so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandfather was apart of Operation Double Eagle.

    K Company/ 3rd Battalion / 1st Marine Division. You may have served together. His name was Larry R Phillips aka Flip.

    ReplyDelete