Friday, August 6, 2010

A Fae Wood

I found myself upon a path within the wood

Less traveled this and yet I knew and understood

This was the way I was to go


The forest dark and dim within beckoned to me

The path was faint and overgrown most hard to see

This was the way I was to go


Step over step I made my way slowly forward

Quiet, silent, disturbing none, ever onward

This was the way I was to go


A light ahead, faintly glowing, a fairy ring

Wee folk dancing, the ancient song I heard her sing

This is the way for you to go


Beautiful she I can't describe So innocent

So pure and clean and much alive I stared intent

Knowing this way was mine to go


With open arms they welcomed me and taught me songs

Of peace and joy and happiness forgetting wrongs

This was the way I longed to go


We smoked a pipe and drank a toast, though different "kinds"

We shared a dream of hope and love in all our minds

This was the way that I should go


I woke alone, the forest still, with nothing there

I know, am sure, twas not a dream, and witness bear

This was the way that I would go


And you may come, along with me, this path to walk

To love and laugh, forgiving all their unthought talk

This is the way for us to go


Will you come with me?


jade

2 comments:

  1. Still am like.. POPS? you wrote this stuff?! Seriously.. where's that book you been needing to write.. Get On It!
    Love you Tons and enjoy your blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, this one reminds me of a poem I wrote a LONG time ago. here's a few lines from it
    "Darkness has not matter to touch, blindly you walk into it, hoping to meet no obstacles, the further you walk, the more lost you become,blindly you walk on hoping to find a place to rest, a place of light, a place where you're not alone; time has no meaning but you hope you get there soon." well, that may not be it verbatim, but I'm going on my memory here, from like, 1989 LOL Keep writing. It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete