Friday, October 1, 2010

Flag = sign of the times

Trying to figure out why the disgraceful display of our nations flag at the Bloomingdale Branch of the Brandon, FL post office bothered me so much. 

Guess it has to do with respect.

Between my mother and my drill instructor in the Marine Corps I learned respect.  I give it and I expect it in return.

Our nation's flag is a symbol of what we as Americans stand for.

To me, a faded, tattered and torn flag says we don't stand for much anymore.  I don't believe that is true.  We have forgotten the ideals upon which this nation was founded.  We have turned our back on God and the Biblical principles that made us once a great nation.

We  don't need change, we need to get back to the basics.  God has given us, as a nation, the opportunity to be an example to the world of what great and mighty things he will do for those who love Him and seek after Him. One Nation, under God....

In history when Israel followed after God, He gave them great kings and prospered their land.  When they turned and went after other gods, He brought judgement upon the land.  Who you have ruling over you is just whom you deserve.

2 Chronicles 7:14 (King James Version)





14If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land

God was very present in the hearts and minds of the founding fathers of our nation.  Now, He seems to be deliberately "missing".  God in times past has heeded the prayers of His people and withheld His judgement on nations because a few good people took a stand.

Be salt

Here are two links that say it much better than I. 

.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jf3MQpffBc&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZBTyTWOZCM&feature=related

1 comment:

  1. Love you~ So very thankful for you in our life. Mayor Huff! That's right I said it.....

    ReplyDelete