Monday, September 24, 2012

General Happenings


Just some activities that fill the days with joy.

Had some of the workers in the ministry over for diner and some games.  These guys are awesome.  They do everything from guard duty, evangelism, preaching, working with kids in Awana program and most anything you could ask of them.  They do not hesitate to put their own plans on hold in order to help when ever needed.
Bertine made rice and chicken, which was delicious. While I am not sure , I don't think they have a word for left overs.
Youngest child at Awana s  this Sunday, she is just one week old and absolutely p r e c i o u s ....
 Speaking of which, this young man is in charge of cuteness which he handles very well.
 Nice thing about my blog is that I post what interests me and if you are not interested........ Still want to get rid of another five or even ten pounds.  Some people brag of having a "six pack", I have a keg.  It is all potential muscle.  It is all potential muscle.  There are some that say if you tell it over and over it will become truth.
That is about as high as it gets.  I do pretty good with taking meds, although I sometimes skip a couple of days.  
 I find myself eating more native than ever before and enjoying it.  This lady in the market does not just peel the orange but does it in a decorative manner. The top is removed and by squeezing and sucking you get fresh juice.  It is called "lame" (lam) that's with a short a and is common everywhere.  Just the other day I sat in my Chiefs yard and ate five of them right from the tree.
 This one was a treat while walking around the market.
 competition gets pretty tough for "cute kid" title and these two are in the running.
Speaking of running, this is one of the most popular games.......  I was official score keeper and we had a tie for first place with Red and Yellow each scoring 350 point.s  Blue and Green each had 200 points.  Everyone had fun.....
Finished up with Bible message and cookie treat.  Even the adults have fun at Awanas.


No comments:

Post a Comment