Wednesday, September 19, 2012

House Hunting in Tchandida

Sunday morning after church.


Trying to be inconspicuous. 
 Nice neighborhood to house hunt in.
 It should be on the right, just ahead.  This is what we call a "fixer upper".  It has tremendous potential in my mind.  
 Some years ago a brick making operation built this structure.  The total area under roof is about sixty feet by twenty five feet.  The open area is about 50X25 and the two rooms on the end are about 8or10X25 total.  This is more "living area" than my motor home offers.  One room would be sleeping area and the other living.  The kitchen would be under the open roof in the area closest to the bedroom.  Bath would also be mostly outside.  Four or five foot walls and screening would provide sufficient privacy and security for those areas.
 With this much space under roof it would be possible to let my imagination run wild with a huge kitchen, patio, lanai or whatever else I could want.  A 25o gallon water tank above the roof level.  Black plastic hose covering part of the roof would provide "hot" water.  A wind mill would bring water from a well.  Wind/solar power could handle 12 volt electrical system.  A 3000 watt generator for occasional needs.  Gas powered refrigerator, stove and if needed heat.

This is very do able and the basic structure is already there.  The land and building does not belong to the Chief but rather one of his friends.  I don't even know if his friend would be interested in selling it or if I could even begin to afford it.  Tchaa says we can ask his father to look into it this Sunday.  At this point I have no preconceived ideas of what the Lords will in this is.  I do know that I could be happy here.  

God says that of all things it is desirable to get W I S D O M.  Pray that I choose what God wants for me and not what I want.  Then again, there are some that would suggest that maybe my senses have taken leave of me.......

Of course I could rent an apartment or house in town very reasonably, or return to how I was living in the states.  One of which offers little challenge and the other little desirability.  
Cindy, you and Bruce probably understand better than most......  I'm just saying.



1 comment:

  1. I would miss you greatly if you stayed over there. I would definitely have an excuse to come over there and check out everything. I know you sound pretty happy over there though too. I would be happy to pray for you to find God's will in your decision. I know that you have worked enough of your life to enjoy your retirement. I'd be curious to see what the price would be for that structure. It sure does look like it has a lot of potential.

    ReplyDelete