Friday, June 22, 2012

Fiday night late 22jun12

Tuesday was the first night of "English" at Bible Institute.  If Miss Reed, my Junior High English teacher, knew I was trying to teach English....... Had five students from Bible Institute and Christophe (my right hand and interpreter) for hour and a half.  Started with useful phrases and getting to know where they were with speaking English.  Group decided that speaking "proper" was their goal.  Pronunciation is the direction we are going.  My accent, British, French and other English speakers are all different.  They want to learn correct pronunciation and that means the 44 sounds of the "American English Pronunciation Dictionary".

Long a, hard c and schwa e are examples.  This has become a challenge for me, as I have to learn them myself, in order to "teach" them.

Using video from YouTube with frequent stops and referral to white board to practice each letter.  My thanks to the Vietnamese gentleman who posted it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SObetOJ_yY&feature=related

Cut and paste should link if you want to know what I am up against.  Would like to find this alphabet printed with helps, but think I will have to create it myself.   Open to suggestions ............





 Love learning new things.  I had mentioned to Bertine that I had not seen any Oranges in market.  Next thing I know, voila.  They are green skinned to start.  By cutting away most of the "rind" and partially removing one end you create a natural container that you squeeze, and suck out the insides.  When you are done, you have enjoyed the fruit, without the mess.   Like the egg, God's packaging is perfect.
 The little "bouger" above needs to be eight foot tall and six wide by the time Heidi gets home in January.  Its relatives need to blossom by that time, so the whole wall will be beautiful.
Bougainvillea makes a better security top than barbed wire and is prettier.

Just got back from having pizza with the  Thars  and watching video of Harlem Globetrotters 75th anniversary.  Now, that is basketball.   Afterwards they introduced me to a game of "snitch" in which I was soundly beaten.  Enjoyed the fellowship and the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment