Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Full days

Monday, Monday.  Busy.
Remember the well that needed a cover to keep kids from falling in.  Well here is what the cover looks like from the welder.  It is in the back of Jon's truck ready to take to village as well as pump repairman for other well.  Mason will be out later to buildup open well sides and install cover.
This well is about 8-10 meters deep and by taking short strokes on the exposed assembly pumps a lot of very clean water.  No surface runoff or contamination as in open well.  Lately the pump has been working poorly.
After pulling all of the pipe out of the well casing, the pump was disassembled and cleaned.  Sometimes a little dirt will cause the valve or seal to not close and reduce efficiency.
Once reassembled it works fine.  "Clean" water reduces sickness.  Open wells are most common and a cause of much illness. Investing in a well like this pays dividend to all.  I was thirsty and you gave me to drink.  What Mama used to call "practical Christianity".
Well done. (pun intended)

Tuesday afternoon storm comming from town instead of down the mountain.  Cooling effect is appreciated.
Someone asked what I eat.  This is an omelet with the sauteed onions on the outside and the cheddar cheese on the inside.  Bread, coffee, sugar coated almonds for a treat and fresh mango (sweet).  For those who thought I would starve cooking for myself.......
Bertine's daughter came by this afternoon and brought some of her mother's spaghetti and sauce (spicy with fish instead of meat).  While I am loosing the pounds I wanted to, there is no danger of my going hungry.  

Bible Institute English is growing.  Tonight we had eleven students plus the Pastor and Cristophe.  We have covered about 30 of the 44 sounds (short a, schwa e, hard c, etc.) that are needed to be able to form any English word.  Made copies of the video we are using so each student could have their own and have almost completed the hard copy chart to go with it.  Using Microsoft Publisher and fonts with symbols to create chart from scratch.  Since I could not find this on line, I will post it to see if anyone else finds it useful.  Learning as I go and loving it.  My English teacher from junior high would be shocked........ Don't ever want to hear you say that you can't do something.  If God can use me to teach English, He can use you to do mighty works.  I'm just saying.



2 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear about your adventures. Love you Dad, and miss you.,
    -sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was thirsty you gave me drink.. Love it~ Miss you more then I thought I would.. and yes, it is because you are gone~
    <3 you Pops! Noelle

    ReplyDelete