Wednesday, October 24, 2012


LOME TRIP
24Oct12

Staying at Le Galion located behind German Embassy just a few meters from where I stayed in June.  Half the price and half the room, but fine with me.  Has everything I need and a very friendly dining room where I am allowed to make myself at home and I do.

Just down the street, there next to the truck.

 Found a parking space just outside the gate to the building my room is in and have staked my claim on it.  Security from other businesses keep an eye on it as a courtesy and I am comfortable with parking there.  Another fifty meters in the other direction and I am on the boulevard crossing to the Atlantic Ocean.
 Not really sure if they do much fishing although I have seen them pulling nets when I was here last August.  Yes, that is how they fish.  Just like biblical times, they row out a little ways in the boat dragging the net with them or casting it to one side or the other.  Circling an area to trap the fish in the net many bodies on shore will help to pull the net in.  Fish are taken by hand as the net closes on them near to shore.  Imagine so many fish that your concern is that the net might break and you loose them all, but it does not.
 Not from a storm or any unusual weather, this is normal surf at this part of the Atlantic.  Seems more than I remember from the Miami Beach mornings.  Beach is far from deserted as there are probably fifty people scattered up and down the sand.  Some of them spent the night on the beach while others are just here.  To the South are another fifty or sixty in a loose formation exercising with an instructor.  No, it is not Tai Chi,  Thought at first that it might be......
Sun is already high and not yet 7:00 am


Remember my walk Tuesday morning from the Toyota Dealership CFAO?  This is the hotel dining room where I had breakfast and then adventured through the neighborhood beyond.
Bar New Harlem Forever is across from Pharmacie Forever and just down the boulevard from Agape bakery.
 Jessie Shanks - thought of you when I saw this on door of store in Lome.


Learned that when I discuss something with FB friend it will soon pop up in my life (only good things).  Patisserie is a title that is earned not just taken.  Again, part of my walk took me here and I left with eight bags of "bread".


Typical meal at Le Galion is steak with different sauces.


Remember, I am used to five or six eggs, toast, juice, fruit and COFFEE at home.  This took the edge off but that is all.  Considering how much I am eating at night, a light breakfast is a good thing.    



For those who remember the blog of my trip to Miami in 2010 to get my passport.  i started a "two feet in the......" and have not really done much to keep it up.  Well here are my two feet in the other side of the Atlantic Ocean, Lome, Togo. West Africa.
.Reminded that the scriptures tell us that God has set a boundary for the oceans and they can go no further than what He allows.  So, it is off to sleep with the surf making surf noises just a football field away.
Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment