Sunday, October 21, 2012

TOGO and why I love her.


MORE OF MY TOGO FAMILY



Tchaa
I know I said I would get her name.......
 You have heard me mention him many times.  Tchaa is my brother and his father, the Chief of his village is my brother also.  Mon Ami.
Tchaa's two little girls.

Tchaa's sister and the new baby


Tchaa, Mazalo, their three girls and Tchaa's sister

Mazalo and baby

This is Bertine

 This is a before and after picture of Bertine's cooking.  She thinks that I am a family of four and cooks accordingly.
This is Christophe, my right hand and interpreter. 
 
 Monday Morning Jules started off my very busy day with an introduction of his wife to be.  They will be getting married November 17th.
Excited about their soon to be marriage.

This is another of those feeding his face pictures.
Stopped at a small local market about five klicks from church and wandered off on my own while the rest of the crew bought yams, peanuts, chicken (live) and a bag of something.....  Speaking of which, the yellow bag hanging from my left hand is some homemade flavored water from ????  The leaf contains the remains of twenty little dough balls fried in oil over a small charcoal fire and seasoned with HOT. (only 5 francs CFA each)  Just finished some larger variation of the same thing at 20 francs CFA each.  Togolese make fun of my eating Togo style, but I think they secretly like it.  They think my attempts to speak Kabye are equally amusing, but they seem to encourage it also.  So far I have not contracted anything from food or mosquitoes.  Praise the Lord.


1 comment:

  1. It must be a combination of your amazing immunity to sickness and God's protective hand that you have not got really sick over there eating everything that you do and drinking who knows what. Thanks for posting the pics of Tchaa's newborn.

    ReplyDelete