Sunday, August 19, 2012

Weekend 18-19 August 2012

A collection of random bits and pieces of the past week. The first two for Jon and the next two for Heidi.  lol

 This is the extra fuel filter for the Toyota.
 Look, eight out of ten times I get it parked right on the first try...... Getting better.
 Heidi, your bougainvillea in the garage area is nearly six foot tall.  Well actually it is having some trouble with it's root structure.
 Duct tape can only due so much.  Will buy another plant and try again.  I am not much of a gardener....
 Love the market in the village.  Was up on the second level looking for material to make bean bags (actually "corn bags") for the games at Awana at Tchandida.  Had seven little kids climbing all over me and their mothers thought it was hilarious.  Next time I will get Christophe to take some pictures.  Hope to have our version of Awana started the first Sunday in September.
 Guinea fowl are actually a native African bird.  Those in the neighborhood are really nice to have around as they eat ticks and weed seeds.  The control of ticks helps reduce the spread of diseases among animals and people.
 Now to find something to help the okra.  The people work hard to get a living from the earth.  Thanks Adam.
Every Sunday is a new challenge on the road to church.  This was today's.
Love to see kids not more than six years old doing their part in getting the benches out to the sunday school.
Newella.  Alafea. Alifea. That is all the Kabye I know so far, but it works. Good Morning.  How are you.   I am fine.
The time between services is the fellowship time.
These two gentleman asked to have their picture taken  and I will print a copy for each of them for next Sunday.  
Singing lets everyone know that church is starting.
The song leader does it all.  The only musical instruments we have are tambourines. 
Hey, I know this one.  Voices blend in French, Kabye and one low volume English.
Everyone participates in singing and answering questions as well as asking them of the preacher.
Early afternoon rain as seen from the "upper room" at home.
Not much chance of loosing weight with meals like this.  Corn, meat, salad and my Tonic.
One for Abby.  While eating on the porch, I saw something st the wall looking for his lunch too.  
Here is a good question.  Hope I can come up with a good answer.  Right now I am enjoying this adventure so much that it seems like it is all for me.  trying to sow some good seed........

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the post. I could not see what was on the wall on the last video. Good job parking. 8 out of 10? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. actually on the ground - frog - blends in with the stone, doesn't he?

      Delete